Flying! Flying is always fun. Especially when the person behind you is talking a million miles an hour, and pushing your seat forward. Now, I would have been more okay with that, but I had been up before the crack of dawn, and I was tired and just wanted to sleep. Then spending a good 4 hours sitting in an airport between flights is also quite fun. We got into Stockholm, and we were so happy about that.
In Stockholm, we walked around, lost Megan a few times in fact, rode some trains, went to the Temple, spent more money than I should have, experienced a museum about a sunken ship (which was really cool). When we went to Lithuania, Marci, Sydney, and Courtney got a different train than us, so we didn't see them till we got to Stockholm. It was a glorious reunion. I didn't realize how much I missed those girls, when I didn't see them for two days.
That night we got on a ferry. Well, at least that is what they called it... False! It was basically a cheap version of a cruise ship. After all the exploring you could do, the cold that you could experience from being outside, and the thrill of being there, I hung out with the girls and Jess in their room. Oh, and don't forget the part where Courtney did my hair, it was according to her, "gave me glory." Oh Courtney. My room was shared by Andrew and Ty, and I didn't spend much time there. Haha. We had some type of dinner at like 4, but then you know, you have to eat again, and guess what they got... Yup something real nutrition, and that would be Pringles, and hazelnut chocolate. They weren't feeling good when they got off the ferry the next day.
Helsinki... We were there for a short amount of time. In that time period, we walked to the train station, saw a guy playing bottles, got a train to the Helsinki temple, got pizza, and walked to the next ferry. It was actually not a very eventful trip there. Things weren't that exciting, so we went to the next ferry. This ferry, was bigger than the last one. This cruise ship was fancier looking. We spent a good 4 hours on it. We ended up just sitting in one of the food places while we waited to go to Tallinn.
Oh Tallinn. It was FREEZING! In Tallinn, we looked around, took a tour, froze, half of us got separated from the group, ate at this really good cafe, went to a cathedral, got yelled at in that cathedral, then went back to the hostel to get our stuff to leave. Then we met up with everyone else at the hostel, and left for the bus stop.
The ride home... That was so much fun. Not! Imagine a tour bus, and sitting on that bus for about 8 or so hours, except for about two hours that we spent waiting at the border to get back into Russia. Trying to sleep was awful because it was really cold, and I couldn't get comfortable. When we got to the border, we stood in line to make sure we were able to go into Russia. Apparently I don't look like my Passport picture, or my Visa picture, and she glanced between my picture and me for like 2 minutes. It was awful. Especially since all I wanted to do was to sleep.
We got back to St. Pete's at 8 in the morning. All everyone wanted to do was to sleep. There were a couple of snappings at each other, but nothing really major happened. Sleep was the best thing after that vacation. It was much needed.
It was such a fun vacation. We travelled through 6 countries, (Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Finland, and Estonia), in 10 day. Met a whole bunch of new peoples, saw a lot of amazing sights, experienced new things, and others took a bunch of pictures, and bought a lot of souvenirs. I'm really glad that I got to experience it!
 |
| Sitting in the Tallinn Airport |
 |
| View from the airplane |
 |
| Stockholm Temple |
 |
| Farther away picture |
 |
| The Vasa. The boat that we saw |
 |
| Hang out on the ferry |
 |
| The first look of Helsinki |
 |
| Helsinki Temple |
 |
| It was a good day to see the Temple |
 |
| We are cute |
 |
| A street in Tallinn |
 |
| Tallinn with Courtney! |
No comments:
Post a Comment