Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hazards of Work

It was just a normal Monday at work.  The sun was shining, the weather was super nice, so we decided that we were going to take our 5th graders outside after snack.  There were a couple of the girls who were asking me to give them underdogs on the swings.  When I told them "No," they preceded to tell me that they couldn't swing because they were paralyzed, and couldn't move.  So I needed to push them.  I wasn't having any of that.  Haha

So I go up to an empty swing and sat down ready to swing, well, really I said to the girls, "I bet I can get higher than you!"  At that point, one of the fifth grade girls informed me that I needed to help her with her last problem on her homework.  So I help her set up the problem.  By this time, the other girls had gotten pretty high.  


By then, I was like, "No fair!  You got a head start!  Good thing I got long legs!"  With that I started pumping really hard to get high.  That's when I ended up on the ground.  I have NO idea what happened.  I actually never saw the swing after I got up.  But what I was told, and apparently not very many people saw it. Some how, the swing came undone.  How that happened, I have no idea.  What it looked like was that the "S" shaped part came undone from the chain.  So the swing itself didn't break, it just came undone.

While I was lying on the ground, I had several students come up to me, and we had USU student there too, and they came up to me.  They helped me up, and that's when I noticed that my fingers were bleeding.  The only logical thing that happened was, that between swinging from the front to the back, the chain somehow came undone, and I fell.  I'm thinking I was closer to the ground and in the middle of the swing, because I landed about where the swing just sits.  Also, I was holding on to the chain, so on my left hand, the pinky and ring finger got cut, and on my right hand just mu pinky got cut.  But I couldn't touch my fingers.  They hurt so bad.  I also have random little blood blister type things all over my hands, and my middle finger on my left had is pretty swollen.  I couldn't bend it at all.  It hurt so bad.  You can't really see the bruising, but I can feel it!

My Right Hand
My Left Hand


















This is two days later, and what they look like.  They look a whole lot better than when it first happened.  You also can't really see how awful they look in these pictures.  Oh well.  Haha!

Whenever I tell people what happen, they just laugh at me, and they don't want to see it.  They say it is gross.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment