Because I was working up in Logan for the summer, I actually got a summer break. I went home Mother's Day, and then came back up to Logan on Memorial Day. In that time, I successfully made a quilt! :)
For graduation, my Grandma Elmer makes us a quilt. So when I graduated, I got a lovely quilt. I used the first 3 1/2 years of my college experience. I decided that I wanted to make a quilt like hers. I talked to my mom and she said that I should come up with my own idea. Then my sisters got involved. Beth told me I should do it like Sudoku, and I have 9 different patterns, and have it organized like that. I thought that was a fun idea. So my mom and I came up with the nine different patterns. Let's just say, that didn't happen. I realized that it was way toooo confusing. So then I decided that I was going to do it like the quilt I already had, except for I didn't put hearts on it.
I'm pretty sure that I spent about $30 for everything. That includes the batting, and the material on the back. I also decided that all the material that I used, was going to come from that stuff in my mom's basement. I found some really good stuff. It made me excited that I didn't really have to by any material. My sister had some extra material, so she let me have some.
Cutting out all the material, and sewing them together, and then finally quilting it was so much fun. Haha. My fingers hurt after all the quilting, but I got it done!! When I told people that I was going to make a quilt, my mom didn't exactly think that I could finish it within the 3 weeks I was home. I proved her wrong! I successfully made, and quilted my own quilt!! It is currently sitting on my bed! :)
 |
| All the squares I thought I needed. It turned out that I needed more, and that was fun. |
 |
| Some of the material I used. |
 |
| Setting it up, and making sure that it looks good. |
 |
| The final product!! |
 |
| I'm proud of this! |
 |
| It's on my bed!! |
It looks great on your bed! I'm glad to be proven wrong:)
ReplyDelete