Saturday, August 15, 2015

In search for the "perfect" car

Now that Thor is gone, I was in search for a new car.  Which let's be honest was awful!  I hated it so much.  There are so many options out there, and everyone had a perfect reason why they should be mine.

The first place we went was to Carmax.  Apparently it was the best place to go first because you could compare the car makes and models and whatnot.  We narrowed it down to a couple of cars, but we didn't get anything there because there weren't any cars that were right.  Then we went to a Ford dealership because if you know my family, you know that we are Ford people.

We checked out the cars there, and they tried to convince me to lease a car.  Because I was a newly graduate, I could qualify for the lower rates and other jazz, but I decided against it.  I also texted my good old friend Alex about cars, and he was like, let me show you Subaru's!  He was really excited to help me find a car, and it was nice to do a little catching up with him since I hadn't talked to him in like two years.  Haha!

We went back to the Ford dealership, and I got my car.  So exciting.  Apparently buying a car is a cause for celebration, and excitement, but for me it was such a stressful occurrence.  I hated every moment of it. I just wanted it to be over.  And I wanted my dad to just choose a car for me, but he wouldn't.  He said that he didn't have to live with this car for a while, so I had to like it.  I was so tired of looking for cars that this car worked for me.

There are perks of this car, I mean, I have heated seats.  I love that!  I also have sync, and the gas mileage is like 10 mpg better then Thor.  Which is pretty great, but I still miss Thor.  I really like being so high up from the ground, having a sun roof, and a back wiper.  I sure do miss that wiper.  Oh and all the open space in the back.  I can see better in Thor.

I'm just glad that I have a car that I can drive and say that it's mine!

This is my car!  It's a 2013 Ford Focus!  I need a name for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment