Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Not Thor!!! :(

Last year in August, Thor lost his wheel, the story can be found here, and this year, something even more tragic happened....

I was coming home from work one afternoon like normal, and it turned into quite an advent....
I was driving west on 201, and I had gotten to the exit I normally take.  There are two lanes that get off there, and I'm usually in the left exit lane, but this day I was in the right hand lane.  I was sitting there waiting for the light to change to green, and all the sudden I got hit.  Let's keep in mind that I was stationary.  I was not moving, and hadn't been moving for a couple of minutes, and the light was still red.

The next thing I remember was, what just happened???  I tried to start my car because it was dead on the freeway.  I got it started, and moved off to the shoulder, and then it died again.  I'm freaking out because I've never been in a crash before.  I started looking for my phone because that was the first logically thing to do, and I couldn't find it anywhere!  It ended up behind my seat on the ground.  Doing what any normal freaked out person would do, I called my dad, and started crying.  He talked to me about how I should be off the road, and I shouldn't leave my car, and oh ya, I needed to call 911.  So I hung up with my dad with the promise that he would come help me out.  Then I called 911 and talked to them, and they asked me all sorts of questions about what happened, and whatnot.  While I was talking to them, the girl in the car behind me came up to my car and was trying to tell me what happened, and to see if I was okay.  Dispatch told me to stay in my car, and to not to talk to anyone.

Finally the police, and emergency vehicles came and talked to us to see if we were okay.  The EMT's checked me to make sure that everything was okay, and they suggested that I went and got my neck checked out for whiplash.  I talked to the police and told them what happened, and then my dad told that Thor was totaled.....  I was nonetheless very upset.  I couldn't believe that Thor was totaled.  I really, really liked Thor.  He also told me what the girl in the car behind me told the police.

She was sitting there, and got distracted and took her foot off the break and hit the gas.  Which in turn slammed right into me, and then I got pushed and hit the car in front of me, and they hit the car in front of her.  So this girl with her distractiveness, totaled Thor, and messed up at least one other car, because the very front car took off, and her car.  It was awful!

I watched them take Thor away, and it was a very sad time in my life.  The past two Augusts haven't been good to Thor!  Hopefully next August will be fine!

I ended up driving my dad's car to work because I didn't have a car to drive.  And thus ensued the search for the "perfect" car for me... Such an exciting time in my life.

Apparently the crumple points of Thor worked quite well.  The back just crunched, and nothing else was damaged that bad.  My seat was laying back because of the force, and my stuff was everywhere.  The front bad too.  The radiator I think was damaged, and because of all these things, he was totaled.  :(

Bye Thor!!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment