Sunday, January 6, 2013

School Time!

At this time tomorrow, which will be Monday night, I will have gone to 3 of my classes, gone to work, and probably FHE, and maybe the Fun Park for some good 'ole swing dancing.  This semester is going to be an interesting one.  

For starters, I will have a job.  While I was in Russia, I was looking at websites for jobs in Logan.  Because you know, money doesn't grow on trees, or in your bank account (unless you are pretty talented, and have a lot of money in there growing interest), and your Dad really wants you to have a job.  My freshmen year, my job was to keep my scholarship, which I did for the most part, and then I lost it during sophomore year... Dang anatomy.  Haha.  So this year, I found a job.  I applied for it while over there, and I emailed with them, and I got a job interview!!  Yay!  The catch was that the only time I could do the interview was at 4 in the morning in Russia, over Skype.  Which Skype is pretty much amazing to use, oh the technology.  So I did the interview, and at first the sound wasn't working.  They could hear me, but I couldn't hear them.  I guess that would be the way it should be, because they were interviewing me, and wanted to know my answers to things.  Finally, they got the sound to work, and the rest went by smoothly.  They emailed me later that week and said that I got it!  I had to rearrange my schedule to make so I could work Monday-Friday from 2-6.  What my job is you may ask, well let me tell you.  I will be in an elementary school doing an after school program.  Part of that program is that I help students with their homework, and then we do some club or activity, and then rec time.  Sounds like fun right?  Well, I hope so.  I will find out tomorrow!  I hope it is somewhat like what I did over the summer at The West Valley City Family Fitness Center.  I quite liked that job.  I miss those kids, and my kids from Russia.  :(  Haha

Along with having a job, I needed a place to live.  Housing was a stressful things.  My plan originally was to make sure I had enough money to pay for housing, and find a job to pay for stuff, and save for school.  Well, that plan didn't work.  My mom thought that it would be best if I was a full time student, but still found a job. So, I went looking for apartments.  Since the mission age changed, there were soooooo many contracts out there.  Girls are going on missions left and right.  The first place I looked was with my old roommates.  At first they didn't have any openings (which I thought that they would), but after a couple of days, they did.  But I had already found the one that I ended up buying.  The apartment that I decided to live in, is actually part of a house.  It is a cute house, but it has it flaws, but it also has good qualities.  I am close to campus, and my brothers, (which that makes it easier to share the Escape with them), I got my apartment for half the price, and at the moment I have my room to myself, and I heard the girls I live with are pretty cool.  The downside are, I don't actually have a roommate.  It is a real bummer because the other two girls sharing their room do a lot together, because well, they know each other, and the other girl that lives here is from China, and she does her own thing.  And she is a Master student, so I don't know what she does.  This is a problem because while I was in Russia, I always had someone to do something with.  We hardly ever did anything alone.  So the fact that I will be doing things by myself, makes me sad.  The apartment has a few little quirks.  The number one quirk is that the shower is NOT in the bathroom.  The shower is in the other shared room's closet.  That one is a weird one...  So I've only showered once in it, and it was really awkward, because they were doing their own thing, and I had to walk past after my shower.  It was weird.  I guess I have to get used to that.  There are other things like light switches to nothing, or behind random things so they are harder to access.  Hopefully overall, things will be good, but I won't be spending that much time here because I still have classes to study for, and I have to go to work.

I have 14 credits I believe for this semester.  I am retaking anatomy from Andy.  Yay me!  Not.  Then I have Country swing dance.  That one will hopefully be fun, I am taking it with Stacy, so hopefully that brings her out of her shell a little bit... :)  Then I have Adolescent Psychology.  Hopefully that will be an interesting class to take.  If it is anything like Abnormal Psych, then it will be.  Then I have Marriage and Family Relations.  I get to take it with Jess!  (for Jess, in Ulyana, or however you spell it, voice, haha) I have heard that this class is really good to take.  So let's see about it!  Then finally a nutrition class.  I'm not that excited for it because I've heard the teacher gives a lot of busy work...  So it will be interesting.  Then I am taking LDS History from Brigham Young to Lorenzo Snow.  That will be a good class.  I took the first part and it was really good. Those are the classes I'm taking this semester!  Hopefully they will be good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment