Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"Freak of the Week"

So the other day at work, I was sitting there organizing the millions - okay only like a hundred VHS', and my boss, comes in and tells me that she has something to tell me.  At first I was like, oh no, what happened, because usually that's what's up.

So a little background on my work.  The facility has a lot of either mental illness that brought on alcoholism, or alcoholism that brought on mental illness, or people with mental illnesses.  The most common one is schizoaffective disorder.  A lot of these people have delusions, paranoia, hearing voices, and other side effects.  It's real great. Haha.

Now back to the conversation I had with my boss.  We are sitting there, and she starts by telling me a resident pulled her into his room to have a serious talk with her.  He started out telling her that the night before he got call from my parents late at night.  Like 11, 12, 1, 2 o'clock.  And he was real worried about me.  That I was "degressing" real fast, and there is nothing we can do about it.  (We don't know what is regressing... He never said what the condition was...)  He also went to say that he wasn't going to be there to hold my hand while I was in this condition.  He had seen other guys with me, and I don't need him.  Anyway, he talked to her about this for 10 or so minutes.  While he was telling her this, she was trying not to laugh.

When she told me this, I busted out laughing.  This isn't the first time that my dad has "called" one of the residents about me.  It turns out that this resident sees things, and hears things that doesn't actually exist.  Oh great times.

Another great moment at work.

My boss hired another assistant while I was in Oregon.  Which is a good thing because it will be easier to get things done.  It is also nice because he just switched departments.  So he has keys to things we don't, and he knows things that we don't.  It's real nice until he is in an office talking to other employees.

Anyway, so we are out on smoke break.  I'm watching the door, letting the residents in after they are done smoking.  So Nick comes up to me and says, "One of the resident's thinks I have nice earlobes."  I thought that this was super funny, and I was laughing real hard.  While I'm standing there laughing, a resident who doesn't like other resident, and me, sits by the door waiting to go in.  She starts talking to me.  I didn't catch what she said at the first be then she asks me, "Do you like being the freak of the week?" I was taken aback, and I said, "yes," and then she said something like, "good, because you are a freak."  That made me laugh even harder.  I called Nick over, and told him, and he started laughing too.  And now we have a saying in the office of "Keep calm and be the freak of the week."  Bahaha, oh the place that I work at. There are great moments there.

No comments:

Post a Comment