Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life here

This weekend is the last long weekend that we will have here.  We have this weekend, and then next weekend, and then we will be home.  It is such a weird idea of being home.  I can not believe that it has been 3 months already.  I feel like we just got here.  Things are just so normal now.

Riding the metro an hour to get anywhere downtown
Bundling up to go outside (scarves, gloves, hat, thermals etc)
Walking everywhere
Never being in a car
Having the grocery store less than 5 minutes away from the apartment
Waking up at 10 and having it be still really dark outside
Leaving the window open because it is hot if you don't
Eating soup for dinner
Being forced to stay up at least past midnight
Never having to text anyone
Constantly being other people in the group
Never knowing what is going on
Inside jokes

It is been quite an adventure living here!  We have had so many adventures, and I've gotten to know these girls here a lot more.  Sometimes, a little to much.  Haha.  Here are some pictures from what we've done.
Boat Tour
Winter Palace, aka The Hermitage
Spas na Kravi

Jazz матрёшка Doll




Sydney, Marci and Courtney just being themselves.  Haha

A Cathedral in Moscow

Gems

Jareth, aka Marci

St. Isaac Cathedral

I got a package!

Circus

Lego матрёшка doll

The Soup guy! AKA 

My Level 1 kids for Halloween

Locking our love in Lativa

Streets of Lativa I believe

Hill of Crosses in Lithuania

The Republic of Uzupio in Lithuania

A view of Lithuania

Stockholm Sweden Temple

Vasa Museum in Sweden

Helsinki Temple

Spas na Kravi as a scale version

Zoological Museum with a Sea Lion

Peter Paul Fortress

Level 1 Girls for Thanksgiving

Just chillin on the metro

My cute Primary kids.  Polina and Aleesa

Inside Spas na Kravi

Part of my lesson, I promise.  Haha.  Arina, and Alisa

Nikita and Mosha

Polina

Lyonya


Do I have something on my face?

Ohhhh, Hi there!

Winter is a coming!

1 comment: