When I was in high school, I took a Humanities class. It was a great class. To get extra credit, we were told about this Color Festival, or Holi Fest. Only about 20 students decided to go to it. We knew two things about it. 1. It was in Spanish Fork, so a nice long bus ride. So. much. fun. NOT. Haha. 2. It was a celebration to bring in Spring. That is all that we knew. We didn't know what we had gotten ourselves in. But that was okay, it was so much fun.
Let's fast forward to this year. I really wanted to go. So I asked Celine if she wanted to go. She actually went last year, and wasn't sure that she wanted to go to it again. So I decided that if she didn't want to go, that I wouldn't go. I was offered tickets to a reAl game from work. I was really, really excited to go the game, but I didn't go. I ended up going with my friend, Josh, on a date. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed it. Jamming out to music, and talking is how we spent the hour drive, which turned into like a two hour drive. About a mile before the exit on the freeway, we pretty much came to a standstill on the freeway. That is how popular this festival is. It took us about half an hour to go that last mile on the freeway. But that was okay we had music, and the sun, and a good time taking pictures. Haha. So great. We ended up parking like 20 minutes away from the Lotus Temple. It was a nice little walk. We tried to stay all clean till we could get a clean picture of all of us, but that didn't happen. People enjoyed throwing chalk at us. If you want to see a video of it, click here. We stayed long enough to go to the throwing, and then we left. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here are some pictures of the adventure.
![]() |
| Josh stole my iPod, and this is what happened. Haha, he enjoyed taking pictures. |
![]() |
| This is as close as we got to having a "clean" picture. |
![]() |
| We progressively got more and more colorful. |
![]() |
| I acquired a handprint on my cheek. |
![]() |
| The hand print is the purple on me. |
![]() |
| Someone got orange happy... |
![]() |
| So I didn't know if I was taking a picture or not, so I'm pulling a real great face. |
![]() |
| My TOMS looked pretty cool. |
![]() |
| Why hello there! |
![]() |
| Josh's new hair colors... |
![]() |
| It got really dusty, but it was so much fun. |
![]() |
| So precious. |
![]() |
| We got so colored, and then it turned gross. |
![]() |
| Josh thought my hair looked cool. Maybe I should have kept it. |
![]() |
| We had lots of fun. Haha |
![]() |
| Oh ya know, taking pictures on the way back. So ready to be clean. |
![]() |
| A collage of some pictures. |
![]() |
| I think you got something on your teeth... But I'm not completely sure... |
![]() |
| Got color? |
![]() |
| Yup, we got dirty. Real colorful. |
We ended up going to Josh's house after, and his brother was there, and didn't recognized us. We were that colored. Haha, it was lots of fun getting that off, and out of my hair. :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment