Monday, April 15, 2013

Oh the dreaded registration night....

Tonight is the night.  It is the night that is super stressful for the majority of students.  Well if you are between 60-89 credits.  I just happen to be at 86 credits.... 4 credits off for registering one day before.  Yup, it is that time of year.  Registration night....  This is the process of registering.

Step 1-Figure out when you can register
Step 2-Search frantically for your academic plan.  Which includes, and is not limited to, searching your whole entire room, that one drawer that holds everything in it, left over notebooks from last year, etc, etc.
Step 3-Look on Banner to see if your classes are offered.
Step 4-Plan out schedule so when your night comes you can register right at midnight.
Step 5-Look the stupid depth classes you need and realize that it is going to be hard to figure out which ones you need.
Step 6-During class, while you should be paying attention, look at Banner to see if your classes are still open.
Step 7-Realize that the student athletes and pre-register people have taken the majority of your classes.
Step 8-Rant about the fact that your classes have maybe 4-9 spots open, and you probably won't get into them....
Step 9-Write a blog post about it.
Step 10-Try to get into classes at midnight
Then what probably will happen.
Step 11-Get the CRN numbers into Banner
Step 12-Have Banner crash a thousand times
Step 13-Hate life because Banner crashed and now you won't get into your classes, and you are tired.

Yay!  Looks like I will have a fun night tonight... Hahaha!

I successfully got into 2 of the 3 classes I wanted.  But the lab wasn't which one I actually wanted.  But oh well.  I have all summer to figure out my other classes!
P.S. I got into another one of my classes I wanted, and Zumba!  So I now have 13 credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment