Friday, December 27, 2013

I was just a little bored....

Every year for Christmas, we go to my aunt's house for Christmas Eve for a little party.  We've done it ever since I can remember, except for maybe two Christmases my Grandparent's were on their mission.  One of the traditions we have is to decorate Christmas sugar cookies.  When we were little, it was harder because we weren't as coordinated, and we wanted to put sprinkles and lots of frosting on the cookies.  We've gotten better over the years.  Well this year, we decorated cupcakes for my aunt to give to two of her friends that live by her.  We start to decorate, and all of the frosting is over by my cousins, and they weren't about to share the frosting.  So I didn't really get to decorate any cookies.  I was sad about this.
When we were leaving, I told my mom that I wanted to make sugar cookies and decorate them.  So I did that.  She laughed at me, and asked why, and I told her.  So I made them.  And decorated them.  And boy they were delicious.  Because I did this after Christmas, she told me that I should use different cutters, so I did.  Haha.  I had a fun time.

Aren't they cute??

I enjoy my dinosaurs. :)

Most of my mom cutters are holiday cutters, so these were my options.  I quite liked them.  The dinosaurs are dedicated to all my friends that enjoy dinosaurs.  (Sorine, those are for you! Haha)  Then the ducks were just because they are fun, (you'll notice one of the ducks has an O on it.  This is because one of my brother's friends loves the Ducks, and informed me that I should do that.  So I did.  Haha)  The fishes were fun to decorate too.  By the time I got to the dogs, cats and elephants, I was getting bored, and my hand hurt from making the frosting, so I stopped.  It gave me something to do over the break, even if it took me like half of the day to decorate and make the frosting.  Oh, and I had to go get more food coloring because we were out of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment