Welcome to the basically the best weekend ever! It started off at a lovely time of 4 am. My flight left at 6, so it was a real fun wait to get on the plane. While I was waiting for security at the airport, I'm pretty sure that I saw the men's Ute's water polo/swimming team. I don't know where they were going, but there were some pretty attractive men there. Haha. Right on time we boarded the flight, and we were off to Las Vegas. There I was slightly confused of where I was suppose to go. I thought I read one thing, and it said another, ya... I thought I was lost. But then I found where I was supposed to go, and just chilled for my hourish layover. There, I had lots of great people watching. I tried to read my book, but that just didn't happen.
 |
| Sitting on my flight waiting for it to depart. The window seat is the best seat there. I love looking out, and seeing the cities. It was probably the best thing about the flight. I was hoping to see the temples in the Salt Lake Valley, but I was sitting on the wrong side. I also missed the sunrise. Which I bet was really pretty. Oh well. |
I got on my flight to San Diego, and things were just dandy. Then I get to San Diego, and called Celine. Well.... her GPS took her in the wrong direction, so I sat there for about 20 minutes. There I also enjoyed watching people. A group of military guys showed up, and the women's New Mexico State basketball team, and just lots of other people watching. It was great. Then Celine finally showed up. It was a grand reunion. She was super excited that I came out to see her, and that I was actually in San Diego with her. I was pretty stoked myself. A whole weekend of summer like weather, sun, and Celine. It was going to be great.
 |
| This is Celine's cute house. She shares it with 2 other interns, and then there are some other interns that live in an apartment in the back. It is a real nice house inside. I really like it. |
We got to her cute house, and I ate, because I had been up since 4 am, and I was getting hungry. Then we decided what we were going to do for the day. We decided that because it was going to be warmer on Friday, that we would go to the beach. We talked her roommate Kelly to go to the beach with us. So the three of us went to the beach. There were 3 beaches that Celine knew of, and we chose Mission Beach. Which I was glad for. This is because it is more touristy, and had little shops on the beach that were fun to look at. I totally spaced packing my swimming suit, so I ended up just wearing shorts that I had, which was fine. (You may ask how I forgot my swimming suit.... Well.... I packed before I went to working Thursday, and I was in a hurry, so yes, my swimming suit had been forgotten. But don't fret, I have another swimming suit at home, and shorts, but they didn't match. Haha)
The beach was sooo great. At first it was a little cold, and by cold, I mean that in my shorts, and t-shirt, there was a little breeze that gave me goosebumps. (Nothing like the coldness of Logan, which was great that I got to escape from.) It was a little hazy at the beach, but soon that was burned off, and it was just so nice. At the first, we went down to the water, but it was super cold, and we didn't stay there very long. Mostly we just sat on the beach. We did do other things, like making ourselves into mermaids. Haha, and then we did cartwheels, and then just sat and soaked up the sun.
 |
| Mission Beach!! |
 |
| My feet and the ocean |
 |
| Look! Imma mermaid, and so is Celine! |
 |
| It was just so pretty! |
 |
| Oh hey! I'm just sitting on the beach enjoying the sun. |
 |
| It was so prefect at the beach |
 |
| We probably did this for about 30 minutes maybe an hour. It was pretty entertaining trying to get both of us in the air. A lot of them were triangles, so one foot was still on the ground. It was great fun. |
After a while, we decided that we needed to eat, and check out the stores on the boardwalk. We walked through the boardwalk looking at all the fun stores and such. In every store that you went into, they had soooooo many shirts. And being a tourist, I needed to get me a shirt. Haha. I wasn't sure of what I wanted and that frustrated Celine, so I ended up not getting anything yet. We kept on walking, and went to a taco shop. That taco was sooooo filling. After we ate the tacos, we ended back up at the little stores. I finally decided on a shirt which made Celine happy. It was interesting. All the stores on the boardwalk didn't actually have shirts that were printed on. They screen printed the shirts when you bought them. So you could have any color, and type of shirt with any of the designs. I thought that was cool. I ended up with a grey shirt with the California Republic bear. I thought that was a great idea. Haha. After we got my shirt, we decided that we wanted to go on this roller coaster on the beach. Best idea ever!!
 |
| It is called the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster |
 |
| We were suuuuper excited for it to start! |
 |
| Us and our tickets for the Giant Dipper |
The Giant Dipper was so much fun. When you first look at it, it is like looking at the White Roller Coaster at Lagoon. Definitely sketchy. But we had soooo much fun. You can't really tell what it looks like, but it was a lot of fun. You can look
here and it will tell you about it, and you can see pictures of it, and
here if you want to see a video of the whole roller coaster ride. :) After that ride, we walked back to the car. But first I needed a picture of me hugging a palm tree. I'm not sure why, but I did. And Celine and Kelly humored me and took a couple. They are real great! :)
 |
| Oh, just hugging a palm tree. |
After the beach, we decided that we wanted to see downtown San Diego. But we were both tired, and so we only looked at the famous San Diego boardwalk that had the USS Midway Museum. We at first had a problem with parking. Either you had to pay an arm and a leg for parking or there wasn't any. We finally got parking at an Office Depot close to the boardwalk. We were a little worried that Celine was going to get a ticket or a boot because we weren't buying anything, but it turned out fine. And where we parked was closer than where we were planing on parking. So things turned out.
The first stop on our walk along the boardwalk was this statue. The famous Time Square Kiss. This statue has only been in San Diego for about a year. They moved it from New Jersey when people of San Diego bought it. It's a pretty cool statue I think.
 |
| Both the statue and the USS Midway |
 |
| The USS Midway Museum. One of the only ships from WWII |
 |
| Oh just climbing a tree. I enjoy doing that. |
 |
| I'm not sure what this boat is called. |
While we were walking down the boardwalk, we saw several other boats, and of course there were vendors, and bikes pulling people. While we were walking, this guy yells catch, and throws these flowers to both Celine and I. We thought that it was nice of him.
 |
| A flower some guy made. |
I'm pretty sure these next three pictures are of the boat called The Star of India. I thought that the boats were really fun to look at. It reminded me of when I was in St. Petersburg, and there was a pirate ship and it was actually a night club. Haha, these boats are museums.
By the time we were leaving, we got to see this super pretty sunset. It was such a perfect day. I am so glad that I went, and things worked out.

A funny story about walking on the boardwalk. It is really hard to get pictures of both you, your friend, and the object you want a picture with. So while we were walking, we would offer to take people's pictures for them. There was this lady and her dad walking down the walk, and Celine offered to take their picture. So then they took ours. While Celine was taking their picture, this guy comes up and starts talking to them about he took a picture for some other people. It made them miss the sunset in their picture. We finish picture taking, and we continue on our way. Probably 10-15 minutes later, we see them again, and they ask us to take a picture of them with her phone, so she can send it to her husband. The lady starts talking to us, and it turned out that her daughter is at Ohio State as a freshmen trying to get an internship at the place where Celine has her internship. But she probably won't get it for a while because they only take people who are seniors or already graduated. But it was just funny that we talked to this lady about it.
After that, we left and went back to Celine's house. There was played Lucky Unders, and Spaz with Kelly. It was quite entertaining. Then Kelly went to bed because she had to be at work at like 6. So then Celine and I put in 10 Things I Hate About You, and fell asleep. It was one long day, but soooooo good! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment