Last Saturday was our half way mark. This was a bittersweet moment. We spent part of the day making these pancake
things with Sveta, and then we went to St. Isaac Cathedral. Before we left, Sveta made sure that we were all bundles up, and warm. She informed us, it is just going to get colder, so we need to dress warmer. We were then off! We only went inside of St. Isaac, not the top
of it. It was way too cold to go on top of it. When Andrew, Jess, and I went to the top, it was pretty cold and it was warmer that day. That was okay because Andrew and
I had already been to the top to see the view.
But the only thing was that Sveta couldn’t tell us what different buildings
were and whatnot. I did show her
pictures, and she told us what some building were. Inside we got a better understanding of the cathedral. It is the first Russian Orthodox Cathedral with a stained glass window. There is a part of the cathedral that is still a working cathedral, so we didn't go in that part. The painting or murals were quite fabulous! When we walked in the first time, it was really breath taking. Inside there was a painting of St. Isaac, and St. Nicholas, aka Santa, and other people that I can't remember. We took pictures, and then we left for Teremok! The best blini place ever! Then Andrew,
Courtney, Sydney and I went to the Mega.
The Mega is this huge mall about 10 minutes away from our apartment. You have to catch a specific bus to get to
the Mega, and that was an adventure.
Then we went inside of the Mega, and started our adventure. In this mall, there are a lot of little
stores, and then there is a huge Ikea, a store like Walmart, and a store like
Home Depot, a theater, and a store like
Best Buy all in the same place. Andrew and I went to a store called
Sportsmasters, and the other two went to H&M. The people in Russia loves their H&M. Then Andrew went to H&M, and got him
pants, and I went to this store like Forever 21, or Rue 21 and looked at
boots. We went back to the apartment and
we ate.
I found out when we got back to the apartment was that my
camera got stolen. I don’t know when it
got stolen, but sometime during the day it was.
I was really, really upset about this.
I went to sleep upset, and when I work up, I had a headache, and a sore
throat. It was an awful day. I ended up having a huge headache, and sleeping
for half the day. Which it really sucked
because the rest of the teachers were having a Halloween party. It was pretty miserable.
I’ve had a sore throat since then. It has been bad. I believe that my tonsils are inflamed. Which isn’t good. Especially since we are leaving for our long
vacation on Friday, and won't be back for a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment