Sunday, October 14, 2012

Moscow the End

Sunday morning the four of us went to McDonald's for breakfast, and it was pretty good.  Then we went to the Kremlin for a tour.  We spent almost 2 hours looking at what they call the Armory.  The upstairs had a bunch of artifacts from the 16th to 19th centuries.  There were plates, cups, jewels, Bibles, and other artifacts there.  It was very fascinating.  Then we went downstairs and saw more cool things.  There were priest gowns, coronation gowns, shoes, jewelry, thrones, and carriages from the 18th and 19th centuries.  Everything was so ornate, and pretty.  It was way cool to see.

After the Kremlin, we met up with the other four, and went to a museum.  I was very glad that we met up with the others.  I missed them, and they missed me.  It was a tender moment.  Haha.  At first we didn't know where to go, but then we found out we had to cross like 6 or 8 lanes of traffic.  Not such a bright idea.  Haha.  We eventually found a way, and got to the museum.  This museum was called the The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts.  This museum had a lot of amazing pieces, and was cool, but after a while we were tired of walking.  After the museum, the other four went to the market, and us four went and saw the Cathedral of Christ the Savior.  At this part it started to get pretty windy and cold, but they wanted to keep walking around.  

Andrew really wanted to see this World War II memorial, so we went there next.  There was a giant clock made out of flowers and a sign that said Moscow or Москва.  Then we walked around this huge square with a lot of statue things honoring the World War II Veterans.  It was fascinating, but it got cold, and I was tired, so I didn't like it as much as I could have.  After the park, we went back to the hostel to met up with the others for dinner, but they already went to dinner.  The four of us went to a restaurant called My My, in Russia, it is called Moo Moo.  It was cow themed.  It was pretty dang delicious.  I got a lettuce salad, chicken noodle soup, mashed potatoes (they have the best mashed potatoes), chicken that wasn't the best, and ice cream, (which was super good too).  

We left the restaurant in time to run to Red Square to see if there were any shirts that said Я <3 Москву.  But  we didn't see any.  But again it was like 8 at night, and most things were closed...  Oh well.  Hopefully we can find one in St. Pete's.

We get to the metro station, and waited for the other half of the group.  They didn't show up, so we went to the train station.  We waited there for like 20 minutes and they didn't show up.  Jess and Megan were very impatient about them being late, and really wanted to leave them, but Andrew wouldn't leave till they came.  Finally they came, and we had 10 minutes to get to the train cabin.  It was an adventure getting there.  We safely made it in time, and started to set up our beds.  This time I was on a top bunk, and it was hard to get up there.  Apparently I was more tired than I though because once I laid down, I was asleep.  I think I missed out on some fun things.  Oh well.

We arrived in St. Pete's at 5:30ish.  The metro doesn't start at that stop till 5:50, so we stood around for 20 minutes.  It was fine.  We finally got back to our apartment, and things were great.  Well besides the fact that half of us were sleep deprived, but that is okay.  We taught, and things went back to normal.

It was fun to go to Moscow, but I'm so glad to be back in St. Pete's.  I like here a whole lot better.  Hopefully the next vacation is going to be great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment