Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dating At Its Finest!

Let me just say, kids are pretty funny, and quite cute.  Soo, at work, I've been working with the younger kids, so they are about 5-7.  Last week, I was in Group 2 all week.  Real fun, I know.  There is this kid that's in my group, let's call him Dee.  And there is this girl in the group, she'll be Bay.  Well, Bay is a trouble maker, and I didn't want Dee to be corrupted by her.  So I split them up on an activity.  Well, being the nice little boy, he made friends with Jay.  So they've been doing things together.  Fast forward to today.

It was during free play, and they were all playing in edutainment.  It was close to leaving, and Jay's mom was there to pick her up.  Apparently Dee said something to Jay, and Jay told her mom something like how she wanted to play with Dee.  Then Dee got the brilliant idea that he should get her number.  I heard him say to Jay's mom, "Can I have Jay's number?"  To that she said sure.  Quickly looking in her purse, she didn't see paper or a pen, but she found only crayons.  But I came to the rescue, and got a pen and paper, and she gave Dee, Jay's number.  It was real precious.  As Jay left, Dee said, "I'll call you tonight!  Well... maybe." 

After this happened, Dee came up to me, and told me that he got her number, and that he was going to call her.  It was quite tender.  So, apparently if little kids can exchange numbers at camp, there is hope for everyone! :)

These kids kill me.  You have to know that Jay is a little black girl, and these are her words not mine.  But it is pretty funny.  So I was talking to her the next morning to see if Dee actually called her, which he didn't.  But I was talking to her, and she told me that she now had 3 boyfriend.  One from school, one from Vegas, and the third one was the one from kids camp.  Then he told me that she wanted 5 black boyfriend, and 5 white boyfriends.  I asked her why she needed that many, and she told me she didn't know.  So we told the other staff who knows her aunt quite well, and she said that her aunt would probably kill her.  We later told her aunt, and her aunt just laugh and asked why she needed that many boyfriends.  After that, she informed me that she really only needed the three that she started with.

Oh that girl.... She makes me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment