Sunday, July 28, 2013

Floating the River!

Yesterday Celine invited me to go float the river with her.  It was really fun.  I did it last year with her family and their family friends, and our friend Jake.  Last year I got fried, it was so sunny, and it made the water feel good.  This year... not so much.

So I get to her house in Willard, and I find out that they have two French families visiting them.  They wanted to take them to float the Oneida in Idaho.  This stressed out her mom though.  So we pilled into their van and truck with all the tubes.  It was really good to have that drive to the river to talk with Celine.  I haven't seen her since school got out, and she's been in California doing an internship.  It was a real good reunion.  It rained on us while we were driving up there, and that was a bad sign because the water was going to be cold.

We finally get there, get situated, and we were ready to go.  The water was really cold at first, but we got used to it, and it was fine.  While we were floating, it rained on us a couple of times.  Dang rain.  Haha.  I remember floating it last year compared to this year, and this year was slightly more fun.  We were all ready to go back to the vans to change and eat when we found out one of the French guys got stuck or something. I'm not exactly sure what was going on.  Neither did they apparently because they don't really speak English.  It was interesting.

We ate our lunch, and got attacked by mosquitos.  I HATE MOSQUITOS!  Then we packed up and left.  By the time we left, the sun decided to shine a little bit.  Traitor sun!  Overall it was quite fun and I'm glad that I was invited to go!
Us all rivered, and wet, and tired!  Haha

When I got up this morning, I found out that I really was attacked by mosquitos.  Mostly on my legs though.  I probably have like ten on each legs, and they itch really, really bad!  Dang mosquitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment