For Thanksgiving, I made the traditional pies. They are cherry and apple. I decided that I wanted to try something new, so I cut out little flowers for the crust of the cherry, and then did a lattice for the apple. It was cute, but I liked actually having a full crust for the cherry pie. Now I know!! Haha. I took them up to our family Thanksgiving party, and my Grandma and aunt thought that they were great. Then my grandma said that I am going to make some man happy with my baking skills. Haha, oh grandma.
It was a good Thanksgiving. We went to my grandparent's house with my mom side of family. We ate, and then sat around talking. Then my mom decided that she wanted DVD's, and some other things, so we went to Walmart, and Best Buy. They actually weren't that bad. Except for the fact that the workers were yelling at the people that they couldn't touch the DVD's. But I think that they were making it so there was a greater rush because you had to wait. I feel like if we could have grabbed it and then continued shopping, it would have been better. They just wouldn't ring up for the price until the right time. But oh well. It wasn't a mad house like they usually were.
Then my mom didn't know if she wanted to go Black Friday shopping or not. She finally decided, and we left at 8, and had no problem. We got basically everything we wanted anyway. While we were shopping, we went to Shopko, and got an Angel for the Angel Tree. We got a 6 or 7 year old boy, and we went shopping for him. We got a Despicable Me shirt, and hat, pants, socks, Spider-man galoshes, a coat, and a blanket. I really hope that little boy enjoyed his Christmas presents even though we didn't get him his Legos.
Then on Sunday I went with Andrew to see Winner speak before he left on his mission. Oh Winner, you kill me sometimes. Good luck in Australia!!!!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment