Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Last Day at the Rim and starting other new adventures!

Ever since being back from my long vacation, and a little before that, I've been thinking about my job.  New people were consulting us in the Rec Department about how to run a successful program, and they decided that I needed to have a TRT.  Which I would have to go to class every week for like 12 weeks or so to be quailfied.  The care center was going to pay for the class but then I had to be there for a certain amount of time.  I was all for it, but then I started to think about it.  This wasn't really what I wanted to do.  I wanted to work with kids, not grumpy old people with drug issues.  I also found out that beside working 5 days a week, I would have to take the class.  So the only free day I would have would have been Sundays.  Which I decided I didn't want to so.  I already had had some issues working there, and that made it so that I really didn't want to stay.

I put in applications at the local schools to be a teachers assistant, and I wasn't getting anything!  I was super upset that I couldn't find anything.  But then they started coming in!  I got so many calls!  It was super exciting.  I went to like 4 interviews and I decided on one.  It was a super great day!  Also I was emailing another lady about an affter school program job, and at first I wasn't sure that I was going to get it, but then things worked out, and I got an interview with the YMCA After School Club Program.  That was funny.  I really have great interview stories.

I was at the zoo with my sister and I was emailing with this lady at YMCA.  She wanted to do an interview, but then something came up and then she turned me over to Cory.  Cory called me as I was coming home with my mom because I thought I was going to have an interview with the other lady.  Anyway, I was talking to Cory about having an interview, and he was like, can you come now?  I told him, yes, but I'm just coming home from the zoo.  He told me to come in my zoo attire for the interview.  I said, okay, I'll be there as soon as possible,  Which we did get a little lost.  (Common theme in my life apparently)  So I meet with Cory, and it was pretty great..  He offered me the job right then and there.  It was great!  I was going to be working at two elementary schools, and things were working out so well.  So I quite my full time job, and got two part time jobs.

I told Marilyn about this, and she was super excited for me.  She was excited for me because I was able to find something that I wanted to do, and I was going to be happier at the elementary school then at the care center.  She was also very sad to let me go.  We had so many inside jokes, and stories, and great moments that I was going to miss.  If she had it her way, she would have kept me, and not made me go through all the stress.  She loved me, and a lot of the residents did too.

After my two weeks were put in, things were great!  I knew I didn't have to be there forever!  But then other staff found out I was leaving, and they weren't happy with me.  Well... they actually were because they were glad I was getting out of there.  Haha.  Some of the residents knew I was leaving and they were saddened about this, but they were happy that I could be doing something that I really wanted to do.

The last day I worked Sara brought me a card and M&M's, and then us and Nick went to Hector's and got delicious Mexican food, and then I went Tuesday afternoon shopping, my favorite.  When I came back from shopping, there was a card and a poster from the staff and residents saying goodbye to me.  It was actually hard to say goodbye to some of the people there.

I was free!! And I got to start working at the elementary school and YMCA the next day.  Things worked out so well.  I definitely had some help with that.

Sara is so great!

Thanks staff and residents!

No comments:

Post a Comment