My job is a paraprofessional, or a teacher assistant at an elementary school working with grades K-6, and doing recess duty. I love it there! I start my day with the 5th graders, and I end it with the 4th graders. I also do lunch recess duty every day. Which some days, that is my favorite. I'm working there part time, so from about 9-2:30, and then I end up going to my other job.
My other job is a program lead at a junior high just down the street. If you remember when I talked about this job, I said I was going to work an elementary school... Well, because I couldn't start right away, and they needed someone at the elementary school immediately, I got moved to the junior high. Which looking back at it now, (because my blogs are very rarely actually written on the day it happened, but like weeks to months after the event.... I'm a slacker, and whatever), was a very very good thing. I mean, I would have loved working with the elementary school kids, but being at the junior high was definitely where I was supposed to be. Also, half the time I'm late to program because I have like 15 minutes between the jobs to get all my stuff out to my car, drive to the junior high, and get to the room. You would think just going down the road 10 blocks wouldn't take that long, but it does! The elementary school I was going to work at would have been worse. It is like 30 block away, and I don't think I'd ever be on time.
I work there from 2:45-5:30 everyday, except for Friday's, and they actually start at 12:30, and I can't get there till 1:30, because I'm at the elementary school until 1:15. It's really all sorts of funness going on there. Basically at the junior high I try to do clubs with the kids, but they most of the time don't want to. It's frustrating, but it's okay, things could be a lot worse!
No comments:
Post a Comment