I went to the school with Andrew, and looked through the supplies there. Then we met up with Megan, Jessica, Courtney, and our Head Teacher Marci. It is a good thing Andrew speaks Russian. If he didn’t, it would have been real difficult. We go to the opening room for Primary, and there are the cutest little kids ever! I started with a group of three kids. Two girls and one boy. These kids were a handful. Maybe because they knew I didn’t know Russian and they could speak Russian about me. We switched two more times, and with each group, it got slightly easier. But boy, they were difficult. This is going to be one interesting experience for me.
After we were done teaching, we gave the kids back to the Russian teachers, and then we got lunch. It was this potato, and rice broth, and then a beef stew type of thing. We mixed the two to make it either a thinner stew, or a thicker broth. Hahah. Then we also got bread.
We then went back to the Head Teacher's apartment and just chilled out. Then I planned more for the next lesson I was supposed to be teaching.
Marci, Andrew, Sydney and I went back to the school to teach our next lesson. I am teaching a class called Level One. These are the kids that have finished Primary, and can read English somewhat. In that class I have 5 girls, Alisa, Aliana, Violet, Ali, and Liza, and one boy, Igor. They are going to be a handful. Igor is such a trouble maker. I tell him no Russian, and what does he do, speaks Russian. But, he is a smart one. He would read for me just fine, but it was getting him to actually want to. Alisa can too. She is a pretty smart one too. She also listens the best to me. Violet doesn't talk at all. This is her first year here in the school, and so she doesn't exactly know what to do. But I talked to her dad, who works for the US Consulte, and can speak some pretty good English,but he is a little worried for her. I don't know what exactly to tell him because I don't know what level all the rest of the kids are at the moment. Ali won't try. I will ask her to, and she won't. She says she can't do it, but I think she really can. Liza will try and read, she isn't very good yet, but I think she has great potential. Aliana, I'm sure about. I think if she tried hard enough she could, but I'm not sure.
I tried to get to know them, but they just wouldn't behave. But again they are 6-7 years old. School is the last thing they want to be doing. So I just gave them the book and told them to read. Alisa was the only one that read. Liza did a little bit but no one else would I finally had enough of it and went and got Marci, and she tried to talk to them too. They didn't really want to listen to her either. So it was annoying. Finally, I got out my stickers and told them if they read for me, or tried to read for me, I would give them the sticker. That actually worked out pretty well.
That class will most definitely be a challenge.
First Day of School! Andrew, Me, Jessica, Megan and Courtney
I think I have a funny look on my face, but that could be that it was because this was after teaching for the first time. Haha
I tried to get to know them, but they just wouldn't behave. But again they are 6-7 years old. School is the last thing they want to be doing. So I just gave them the book and told them to read. Alisa was the only one that read. Liza did a little bit but no one else would I finally had enough of it and went and got Marci, and she tried to talk to them too. They didn't really want to listen to her either. So it was annoying. Finally, I got out my stickers and told them if they read for me, or tried to read for me, I would give them the sticker. That actually worked out pretty well.
That class will most definitely be a challenge.
First Day of School! Andrew, Me, Jessica, Megan and Courtney
I think I have a funny look on my face, but that could be that it was because this was after teaching for the first time. Haha

No comments:
Post a Comment