We took the red line of the metro, and then we took a taxi van to the Peterhof. It took forever to get there. Haha. We caught a traffic jam, so we ended up going the back roads. They were pretty bumpy, and I flew off my seat once maybe twice. It was fun. Haha.
We get to the Palace, and it was so pretty. The Peterhof is just this huge palace. I don't know if we can go in, but I hope that we do. The front yard was full of fountains, and lots of trees. The trees were cool. They were growing together, to make like a wall, or doors. It looked really cool. In St. Petersburg, they are big fans of fountains, trees, flowers, palaces, and trees. The Peterhof is a prefect example.
We got a tickets to go in the back. In the back, we saw the Great Cascade along with a bunch of other fountains. All the fountains are naturally powered I believe, and they were amazing.
After walking around, we ended up by the coast. The Peterhof Palace has waterway to the Gulf of Finland/Baltic Sea. That sight was breath taking. You could see Finland, an island that Svete wasn't sure was, and St. Petersburg. You could also see the Palace from the sea. When the royalty lived there, it was a port to stop at, and trade.


No comments:
Post a Comment