When I arrived in St. Petersburg, I was dropped off at my Host Family. In my host family, there is Galina. She is one of the Russian Teachers at the Kindergarten that we teach English at. And that is it. Just her. She doesn't speak English at all. None. Zip. Oh she also has a cat. I call her, (I think she is a her), Her Highness, her name is like Mercipo, or something like that. I like to stick with Your or Her Highness. I call her that because I'm pretty sure I make it so she can't sleep on the bed I'm currently residing in. Haha. Also, I think I locked her out of the bathroom, where her litter box is. Haha, my bad. I don't think she will forgive me for that. Anyway, back to that night. I'd already had a bad day flying, and being left at this apartment by myself made me panic a lot. I was crying, and it was awful. She made me food, and was trying to get me to feel better, but it didn't help. I ended up at the Head Teachers apartment with Marci, Courtney, Sydney, and Megan. I stayed there for a couple of night to get situated, and because Galina was at her summer house or dacha, and I would have stayed there by myself. Not ideal at all. They were trying to get me to feel more comfortable, so I was thinking of switching with Megan to go to her apartment, and then I would stay at the apartment with Marci. Now after that has past, I don't really want to go to the head teacher's apartment.
The pros at being at the Head Teachers apartment are: Internet. Galina doesn't have the Internet, or plugs in that matter. I haven't been on my computer once there. I don't have to walk home in the dark to get back to my apartment. I will already be there. I don't have to eat strange Russian food, or disappoint Galina for not eating all that she serves me. I feel like I can communicate with others here. The cons of being here are: I have to share a room. I have to buy my own food, and make it. It is like I'm back at school. The cooking, cleaning, and all of that fun stuff. I also won't have very much alone time. If I'm frustrated with the others girls, I can't just leave. I live there. That will be difficult.
Pros at Galina's: I get to try Russian food. I may not like it all, but I don't have to worry about food, or cleaning. I get my own room, with a TV even. Haha, not like I watch it anyway because it would be in Russian. Haha. Cons: I feel like I haven't made a very good impression, so she might kind of really dislike me. I really doubt it, but it could be true. I have to walk to and from Galina's by myself. I don't like it at all. It is kind of scary. She doesn't have Internet, so once I am there, there is really nothing else I can do. I feel like I just eat, and sleep there. So... I feel like it is hard.
Marci told me yesterday possibly, that I'm moving to the Head Teachers apartment and Megan is moving into another Host Family. So I'm taking her place. I don't know why her moving out is making me move back in, but okay. I've gotten past the things that make sense here.
Galina is way nice, and really caring. She makes me breakfast every morning and dinner every night. The first night I was there, I tried to talk to her but it didn't work out so well. When I come back, she is there to either make me food, or heat food up for me. She is sweet.
I have pictures to post with my blog, but I left my adapter for my memory stick in West Valley, so... It is a little hard to transfer pictures!
You certainly are having an adventure! Fake it 'till you make it!
ReplyDelete