- International Traveling... Not my favorite. I dislike it when I don't know what is going on. It makes for lots of confusion! I went through security in Frankfurt, and got a pat down. Splendid right? Longs flights are also the worst.
- Russian Drivers! They have this unspoken law of driving. You can drive how ever you like, just as long as you don't injure someone. There are no boundaries. They change lanes whenever, turn at whim, you know just not like the US at all. People cross the street whenever, or where ever. It is fun.
- Tap water is not drinkable. You have boil it, and then run it through a purifier. So we all have been dehydrated. Not good Katie, not good. -that was for you Celine.
- Heated floors in the bathrooms
- Light switches in random places, especially outside of the bathrooms
- Colored toilet paper, I've seen yellow, and blue
- Smokers everywhere. Like everywhere. There is no safe place.
- Everyone lives in an apartment. Most building are like ten or more stories high. and they are so close. They kind of remind me of motels.
- The people here are always dressed up. I haven't seen anyone in sweats in public. The girls all wear heels. It's intense.
- They are so skinny here! Everyone is like a stick. It is a little ridiculous.
- Walking is essential. People walk everywhere! They walk a lot. We got a taste of it yesterday.
- The Metro. It is quite deep in the ground. To get to anyone of the metros, you have to go down an escalator for like ever. Haha, not really. Just for 15 or so minutes. Then if you want the newest one they built you have to go down farther. It is intense. Once you get on the train, it gets crowded. You have to perfect your balance.
- Russian hate change. So much. If you don't have almost exact change, they will yell at you. But once again, you don't know what they are saying, so it is whatever.
- I haven't been yelled at by a babushka, but it will happen!
- There are so many different palaces, canals, bridges, and sites to see. It is so pretty here with all the architect.
- There is so much history here.
- St. Petersburg is 10 hours ahead of Utah. It makes it hard to talk to my mom.
- There aren't very many kids here. You don't see them on the streets that often.
I can't believe that I will be here for another 3 months! It surely will be an adventure!
Culture shock? Sorry you can't talk to your mom very easily. That makes it a little rough. Good thing you have your big brother there to take care of you! And Courtney is hilarious-your bound to have fun!
ReplyDelete