Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'm officially a True Utahan!!

I can honestly say I've touch the Delicate Arch!  We decided that touching, or even seeing it, makes us True Utahans.  Lets just say the trip was really fun, but stressful.  We went over Memorial Day weekend, and lots of other people decided the same thing.  We stopped in Canyons Land, but there was no camping at all.  We spent like 3 hours trying to find a spot.  We finally went to the Visiting Center, and they weren't helpful.  Then Lacee called a family friend, and she told us there was free camping by the Colorado River.  We drove it felt like forever, but it was only like 45 minutes, and we eventually found a campsite.

When we finally found the site, there was an older guy camping in the campsite next to us.  He talked to us about camping there.  He was really helpful.  We got camp all situated, ate, and then went to sleep.  The moon was soooo bright and full!  It was really cool.  Then in the morning we went to Arches.  The first hike we did was Delicate Arch.  It was the hardest hike that we went on.  I thought it was going to be the easiest because everyone does it, but it wasn't.  But it was so worth it!  I'm glad that we decided to hike it.  We saw other arches, and it was pretty fun.  Then we went back to our campsite, (which it was only 10 miles in the canyon, but it took us 30 minutes to get there) and ate.  Then our neighbors from the other side invited us to come play games with us.  So the 4 of us, and the 2 of them played Scum for like 4 hours.  It was a lot of fun.  

We went and drove around Canyons Land for the majority of the day.  We got out at all the viewpoints, and saw the sites.  It was a relaxing day.  Then we went and found grass, and played Rook.  I'm not a fan of that game.  When we were done playing Rook, we went back to our campsite.  We cooked our dinner, and then  toasted mallows, and then played Scum late into the night again.  We watched the moonrise, and the moon was really bright again.  

When we work up in the morning we combinedly made breakfast with out new friends.  Then we hiked in Canyons Land with them too.  They are pretty cool new friends.  Then we left to come home.  They followed us all the way to where Lacee dropped me off.  It was funny.  On our way back, it took us like half an hour to go 2 miles in Spanish Fork Canyon.  It was a little ridiculous.

Overall, the trip was really fun.  I'm glad that I went with them.  I can officially say that that I'm a true Utahan!

Just some cool rocks

The DELICATE ARCH!

Lacee took over my camera.  Haha these are her shoes.
Oh look, it's the Arch!

We climbed through this hole and saw the Arch.  It was cool!

It was pretty cool.

The Delicate Arch again

So cool

These buttes look like Civil War Battle Ships.
I think this was called Balancing Rock.  But I'm not sure.







Lacee liked being on the edge.



This was our camp.  Three of us slept in the tent, and Jacquelyn slept outside

We had a nice view

Our new friends Heather and Tom and us making breakfast

They climbed this arch, and it looked over the cliff.  I couldn't do it.

They just chilled on the arch

We're cool
Jacquelyn and Lacee pretending they are falling

The arch from far away



On the top of a Butte

In the side of the butte
She liked to climb the arches

And crawling in holes.

The "Grand Overlook"






All the states we saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment