The rest of the week, we just learned about working, and how to do a program called Love and Logic, and then about child abuse. Then on Friday we actually went to our school. I learned that the school is forever and a day away. Haha, not really, but it's farther than Bridger. There we took a tour of the school. Let's just list some things that are way different from when I worked at Bridger. (Which I really need to stop comparing the two.) At Bridger, there are only 3 hallways, which were wide, and nice. You could walk from one side of the school to the other side within like 5 minutes, or less. Every room seemed to have a lot of windows, and light. Here I didn't feel like I was kind of in a prison. On the other hand at Woodruff, the biggest thing that is different is that it is two stories. I've never been to an elementary school with two levels. In the room I'm in, which is the 5th grade, there is just one window by the teacher's desk, and then fake windows that go to the hallway. They don't even open. Then the hallways are narrow and feel closed in. Also in this school, you can really get lost. For rotations, there is the new gym, the old gym, the loft, the little theater, and outside. You could get lost easily if you don't know where you're going. It's real fun.
I'm sure that I'll like Woodruff as much as Bridger. I've only been there for a week. The change will be good for the most part.
Like I said, I'm in 5th grade. There are signed up only 12 kids. It is so nice that there aren't that many. And also, their schedule is pretty good too. We have them work on their math for about 15 minutes, (they usually only have about 10 though), and then they read for half an hour, and then we go to snack for 15 minutes. Then we have announcements, and then we split up into the activities. When I was in 1st grade, and we actually had more time to do homework, we had to be there to help the kids with their homework, which they had a lot. So it's been a nice change to not really be needed that much. Haha.
For the most part I think it will be a good year with these kids!
![]() |
| This is what my name tag looks like now, and my shirts! |

No comments:
Post a Comment