Saturday, September 7, 2013

Thankful for Family

I went down to Brigham City to go to Peach Days with an old roommate Celine.  She is from Willard, so she goes to Peach Days every year.  This is the first time I've ever gone, and I was pretty excited to go.

I left to go to Brigham after work because I work forever and a day away, and I need to be back up in Logan that night.  So I get there, and I thought, "Oh, gas is cheaper here.  I should probably get gas."  So I go to the gas station and get gas, and I'm pulling out, and I can't go over 20, and Thor (the escape) wouldn't shift.  It freaked me out.  So I pulled over, and I called my brother (I would have called my Dad, but he was on a cruise or something... Like it's their 30th anniversary or something important like that).  First of all, he doesn't know that much about cars, so I don't know why I called him. But he didn't answer.  So the next option was my brother in law, Thomas.  He seemed to be the most logical person to ask, because he knows a lot about cars.  But he didn't answer either.  I was a little freaked out about this point.  I hadn't met up with Celine yet, and Thor wasn't working.  This was a huge problem.

So I ended up calling my sister, and asking if Thomas was with her.  He was, so I talked to him about what I should do to make it work.  I don't know what was wrong, but he told me to check the transmission.  I did that, and I started to drive, and it was fine.  But I was still worried about it.  But everything was fine after that.  I'm just so grateful that he was willing to come up to Brigham to check out Thor for me.

After that happened, I enjoyed Peach Days for the most part.  I ended up driving back that night in the rain.  Which wasn't that fun, but I made it back here safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment