Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Years!

Most years for New Years Eve, I go to my sister's house and celebrate there at her party.  This year I decided to do something different.  Jacquelyn invited me to go to her YSA regional activity at Weber State University Student Union.  It was great.  I had a lot of fun.

It was a little sketchy starting.  I had to get gas, and the cheapest gas was at Sam's Club, so I went there.  But of course, because it was New Year's Eve, it was closed!  It had closed at like 6 or something.  So I couldn't get gas there, which was a problem because I really need gas.  I did what any smart phone holder would do, and YP'ed gas.  I found another gas station close, and went there.  Well.... at that pump, I couldn't get the gas to continually flow into Thor.  I started to freak out, because I didn't know what to do.  Finally, there was a guy putting gas in his car.  So ya, I talked to a stranger to put gas in Thor.  Apparently it was too cold for the pumps to work right.  This lovely stranger got the pump to work, and helped me out, and I was on my way!

Oh, but the fun doesn't stop there.  First I couldn't get over when I got on the freeway, and it made me exit again.  So then I had to get back on the freeway, and it was crowded.  That was great fun.  After that, it was fun until I got to like Layton, and there was stop and go traffic.  That was also great fun.  I finally got to Jacquelyn's house, and it was good.

We went to a party at her friend's house first, and that was okay.  It was full of married people.... So great.... Hahahaha.  We ended up playing Catch Phrase, and Jacquelyn and I rocked it.  Our team won like 3 of the 4 times.  After about an hour there, we left, and we went to the YSA activity.

After we were fed, (pizza, cookies, and veggies), we went exploring. There was bowling downstairs, but there was a waiting list of  like 2 hours to get a lane.  Definitely not worth it.  There was a photo booth upstairs, along with a dance, and blow up obstacle courses.  After we had danced, photoed, obstacled, we decided that we were tired, and went to the juggling show.  That guy was pretty cool.  His commentary was a little sketchy, but he had mad skills.  I was definitely impressed.

After the show, it was getting close to midnight, so we went to the main floor and stood under the balloons to wait for midnight.  When midnight hit, they let the balloons down, and yelled Happy New Year.  It was a party for sure!  After that, we found our stuff, and went back to Jacquelyn's house to go to bed.

It was a great end of 2014, and a great start of 2015!!


Let's get this party started!

We are sooooo excited!

This guy was pretty cool!

Happy New Year!!

The first picture of 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment