To maximize vacation time, and availability of everyone's time, I flew out at 6:00 Friday morning. Which meant that I got up at like 4 to be at the airport on time. Which was a lot of fun. Haha. I got to the airport, and there was a huge line for security! At 4:45 am on a Friday! It was ridiculous! There was an airport worker there that said that the line for the other terminal was open. So I went over there, and it was a good thing because I got there about 30 minutes before boarding. So that was close.
While I was going to board, they informed me that my suitcase was too full, and it wouldn't fit on the overhead. Which I thought was ridiculous, because it so would have. I ended up taking out my blanket for the flight. Oh well. I got to Dallas, I had a two hour layover there. Which was oh soo fun. Before boarding they announced that they needed people to check their luggage, and I was ever so lucky to have my luggage checked. Yay.....
I get to Minneapolis, and my friend was picking me up, but she said it would be easier if I took the tram. So I did. That was an adventure. First, I didn't know which train I was supposed to get on, and second, I didn't know exactly what I was doing. It was great. Finally, I found her and we went to her apartment. We picked up her husband, and their camping gear, and we were off!!
After a long drive, we met up with Jacquelyn to camp. Well, that didn't turn out right. All the campsites were full, and it was dark, and I just wanted to camp. Finally we ended up camping in a trail head in the middle of no where. While we were putting up our tent, we got attacked by mosquitoes. It was awful! But it was fun.
The next day, Saturday, Jacquelyn and I drove up to where she was working, and ate lunch. She went back to work, and I took a nap, relaxed in the sun, and read. Sunday, I went on a tow ride that took some people to a drop off so they could practice their survival skills. On that ride, we stopped off in Canada for like 5 minutes. So I can now say I've been to Canada!! In the afternoon, I went on a hike to Ennis Lake and it was great. Then Monday morning we left her work and drove down the North Shore to get to Lacee's apartment.
 |
| It was so pretty looking at the lake. |
 |
| This is how we camp! Bahaha! In a trail head. |
 |
| Welcome to Jacquelyn's employment |
 |
| The view from the outfitter |
 |
| Picking wild raspberries. |
 |
| A great hike that I did. |
 |
| Secret Lake |
 |
| Lake Ennis |
 |
| Every night I tired to get a picture of the sunset over the lake, and it never happened. This was the closest I got to doing it. We saw a really pretty one while driving back to camp though. |
No comments:
Post a Comment