Driving down the North Shore is really pretty. You have Lake Superior on the east side of the road, and then trees everywhere. We wanted to check out a lighthouse called Split Rock, but they charged 9 dollars to see it. Definitely not worth it. Then we went down a little bit farther, and went to Gooseberry Falls. That was really fun. We hiked a little bit and found some falls, went on a detour, and found more falls, and then we went around to the entrance. It was a fun little hike.
After the falls, we continued down the shore, and went to Duluth. There Jacquelyn bough a globe. Yes, a world globe at a flea market thing. She is a nerd. Hahaha. We then continued looking at the stores there, and she found t-shirt, and I almost got a t-shirt, but they didn't have my size. I was a little disappointed, but oh well. I don't really need more shirts that I can't wear to work. Haha. Then we continued to Lacee's.
We ate dinner with her, and then we went to the sculpture park downtown, and saw the giant sculpture of a cherry, and then we went to bed after that. We left Lacee's in the morning and went to the Como Zoo and Botanical Gardens. That was cool because it was free!! I love doing free things! The zoo isn't very big, but it was fun. While there I got to feel a baby zebra's hide. It was a weird feel, and when they are a baby, they are brown and white. Fun fact! After the zoo, we went to Mall of America. They have roller coaster rides in the middle of the mall. It's pretty legit. I only ended up buy a deck of cards there. That's because we didn't really have the time to shop. Oh well. Life goes on. Haha.
After we left Mall of America, we drove straight through Wisconsin (with the exception of getting gas, and the "Wisconsin cheese." Also we were going to stop at a creamery, but they had close like a half an hour before we got there....) to Union, Illinois. Where we camped for the night.
 |
| Split Rock Lighthouse |
 |
| Upper Gooseberry Falls. |
 |
| So we wanted a picture together right? Well we asked this guy if he would take our picture, and he was really awkward about it. But he did take our picture. The thing is that he had a really nice camera and knew how to take a picture, but apparently he didn't want to take it. I really don't know. |
 |
| Going over all these bridges reminded me of a troll under a bridge. Hahaha |
 |
| Gotta do some yoga on the rocks. |
 |
| Lake Superior |
 |
| I think this lighthouse was called Two Harbors Lighthouse. |
 |
| A statue park in St. Paul. |
 |
| Lily Pads at the Botanical Gardens at Como Zoo. |
 |
| Lego Store at Mall of America |
 |
| I was trying to explain to my mom where we were, where we were staying that night, and where we were staying. Apparently my telling her wasn't enough, so I took a picture to help her out. Haha! |
 |
| Jacquelyn's cute tent. Haha. While we were camping, we found fireflies! I've never seen that many fireflies in my life! They were pretty cool! |
No comments:
Post a Comment